As in the previous two years, I went to Florida for a paddling camp this spring. Unlike the past few years, I took hardly any photos. This year felt a lot more busy leading up to it (and since I’ve been back). Because I’ve been all these places a few times I felt like less of a tourist. I may also have been a bit burned out on writing and communicating and generally using my computer, so I didn’t spend much time taking photos or writing about the days. Â Sorry to those of you who like that kind of thing! Â Thanks to paddling buddy Chris for taking this photo, perhaps the only one proving I was there.
In retrospect though, it was a great 2(!!) weeks with many highlights:
- Paddling by dolphins in the bay
- Frolicking river otters
- Monkeys and alligators, as per usual
- No manatees since it was tooÂ warm for them in the fresh water 🙁
- More than 60 hours of water time over 13 straight days of paddling
- NO BLISTERS!! (thanks erging!)
- Overall higher level of performance and new skills learned
- Led yoga sessions with some acro-inspired buddy massage
- Enjoyed some great dinners made by cabin-mates (thanks Edith!)
- Had my 37th birthday with a coconut cream pie (thanks guys!)
- Bought a Mike’s hard lemonade at a gas station (so American) and got CARDED!!!!!!